The idea of writing this blog post has come from one of my Client who asked me to get huge traffic from USA. Website traffic is very important for all the SEO and Webmaster specially for e-commerce type website. This is also very important to have huge traffic from US location. This blog post tries to guide those bloggers who want their blogs to become popular in USA and boost targeted visitors to their Web sites. Whatever I have learnt and analyzed various tactics for USA traffic, that’s I am sharing with you:
1. Google Webmaster Tool:- Verify your website and Set preferred geographic location to the US. It’s very important for anyone doing any kind of SEO work on their website. Setting up a website in Google webmaster tool is very easy and you can link to your Google Analytics account to verify your ownership. You can also verify your website in Webmaster tool by adding Meta Tag in Head Section. After being verified, login and go to your dashboard, look towards the right hand side and locate the settings icon, as shown in the pic below and select ‘site settings’. On the settings page, go to ‘Geographic target’ and scroll down to select United States Location.
So, if you targeting your website’s content to a single country, it’s a good idea to use geo targeting to make sure that Google gives you a little boost in the local searches.
2. Register .Us Domain Name:- Lets say if we have a domain name with .us extension then US traffic flows more smoothly then compared to other extension like .com or .net.
Here is discussion that was happened on High Ranking Forum:-
As a bit of a warning to logos because it needs to be said. When you’re using a .com domain name you’re not really targeting the US market. You’re targeting the entire world. It’s one of those double-edged swords we Murcans get/have to deal with. In that .com is a Worldwide competition. Not a US one.
The good edge of the sword being that since pretty much all US based sites use .com (as opposed to the almost never used .us) you end up with decent worldwide rankings if you get good rankings you can see from your PC from a US location. The bad edge of the sword being that if you can’t compete in a worldwide market, you’re basically screwed. Then the only thing left to you is your very, very localized market.
So if you are using .us domain extension then no doubt you will get good result from US.
3. Local Listing:- Create your Account on Google Places, Yahoo Local and Bing Local. The main advantage of having all these local listing is that when somebody will search with their keywords, it will display Local listing results then others.
4. Build Links on USA Websites:- Create back links on American sites on relevant niche high PR sites. Remember spam links may actually lead to de-indexation by Google so avoid Black hat. You can create back links by Guest Posting, forum posting, web 2.0 submission and so on. Few of them are Globe of Blogs, Tech Crunch, Boing Boing, Digital Point, Warrior Forum, Huffington Post, Mashable, Engadget and so on.
5. Submission to USA Classified Sites:- Your site will gain more exposure when you submit site on USA classified site. There are thousands of classified sites but make sure to submit on high PR as well as niche relevant sites. Few of them are:-
- Craigslist US local listings
- OLX local ads
- USA free ads
- Oodle USA listings
- Classifieds Ivarta
- Place ads
- Penn live
- Free ads time
6. Get a Server in USA:- You can have a USA IP while in India or anywhere in the world. You can take vpn service like strongvpn.com and Keep your Data and connection private, enjoy your favorite sites in the USA while traveling abroad.
7. Social Media Promotion:- Social Media is one of the best trick to get huge traffic from desired location. There are lots of Social Media Promotion sites but I would recommend you to to work upon Stumble Upon, Pinterest and Reddit. These sites are highly popular social networking website with a high proportion of American users. All you have to do is, to create profile along with Profile Photo, follow few persons so that you end up by receiving targeted visitors to your website.
I hope you have learned how to drive targeted USA visitors to your website. If you have more Ideas on this topic then please drop in a comment below.