I think this will be the question of everyone who wants to optimize his site especially for beginners. So before discussing these topics lets understand basic of Search Engine Optimization.
In simple words Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s “natural” or un-paid (“organic”) search results.
Here is the formula that used to rank my client’s website:
Great Content + Quality Links = Search Engine Success!
Now a day’s most of the people want to rank their website in various search engine and they think that SEO is magic, just use some tricks and get rank in SERP. Well I want to clear here SEO is not a magic it’s all about high quality content as well as quality and natural links. They are doing lots of SEO mistakes and in results their site are getting banned by Search Engines. When it comes to optimize your site I would recommend to audit your site first and then make a SEO strategy.
A Simple Guide to Getting Better Search Results
- Write content that uses words and phrases used by people who search for your product
- Build links to your pages to show they are important
- Keep doing it!
There are number of people in SEO industry and they are promising to increase website ranking in couple of months. Yes I am agree with their words but Here I would like to ask one question How long you can maintain that rank in SERP ?
Google is coming day by day with its different updates and algorithm so in this situation you have to follow the Search Engines Guidelines and this is very crucial that you should know about Google latest updates and algorithms.
Ok Now Lets talk about SEO. SEO has traditionally divided into two main areas; on-page optimization which covers what can be done on the pages of the website itself, and off-page optimization which covers activity that takes place elsewhere (e.g. link-building, getting quality backlinks etc.).
What to do before Optimizing a site ?
This is very important that you should check all these things mention below:
1. Competitor Analysis:- The most first step to competitor analysis is to see what keywords they’re targeting. You also need to understand their link building strategies, their On and off-site SEO, and other steps they’ve taken to achieve top rankings. As of now there are various sites and tools are available but I would recommend to use Link Assistant Power Suit. With the help of this software, you can check the SEO strategy of your competitor website.
2.Keyword Research:- Keyword research is one of the most important in the search marketing field. Without good keyword research, your site will never make the splash in the search rankings that you want. When doing keyword research, it’s not simply about getting visitors to your site, but about getting the right visitors to your site. For best keyword research, Check free tool Google Keyword Planner. See the Video of Erica Stone explaining about Keyword Research:
3. Content Optimization:- In my mind, content is properly optimized when your readers don’t even notice the keywords peppered throughout the copy. Using keywords several times in your article may be the reason of site penalization. Try to make your content high quality including Image, Embed slides and Embed videos.
4. SEO Friendly Design:- Your site needs to be designed in such way so that it’s easy for the search spiders to crawl through it. Your pages need to be designed to load quickly so that your bounce rate won’t effect. Avoid using Flash and lots of java queries as it increase site loading time.
5. Interlinking:- Interlinking is important for both SEO and navigation purposes. Internal link structure refers to a structure which let you link the other pages of your website with any other relative pages, these also may serve as backlinks. In 600 word’s article use 3-4 internal links on relevant web pages. Please avoid spamming while adding Internal linking.
So that’s it. What do you think about site optimization checklist? Leave your questions and comments in the box below.